The field of technology is growing rapidly and is attracting a large number of students who aspire careers in the engineering sector. MIT-WPU Faculty of Engineering and Technology carries forward the legacy of 4 decades inherited from MIT Pune to create ‘future ready’ engineers who excel in the technological spectrum. MIT-WPU ranks in the top institutes for B. Tech and is ranked 7th best Private Institute for Engineering in India, as per the Times Engineering Survey 2020 and 2nd in the Top Private Engineering Institute Rankings 2020 for West Zone by Times Engineering Survey 2020.
In the current times when the COVID-19 pandemic has brought everything to a stand-still. MIT World Peace University, keeping-up with its tradition has taken a number of initiatives to fight this situation. Since the nationwide lockdown, MIT-WPU geared up its administrative and IT infrastructure to work and fight the crisis on different fronts and has continued with its primary aim to impart quality professional education to all the students without any break with the help of online technology. This has helped students to not lose on the educational front in these difficult times. The university is also taking efforts to plan internships, campus interviews and placement for passing out students.
MIT-WPU has also undergone Academic Restructuring in line with the New Education Policy 2020 by incorporating skills required as per market needs and to minimize overlapping of courses across all B.Tech Programs.
- The university has identified new-age courses like Linux based Python Laboratory, Basic IoT Laboratory, Data Science and AI and ML for all BTech courses.
- Students of BTech, other than Computer Engineering (CE) can take minor in Computer Engineering. To earn the minor, the student should acquire additional 20 credits defined for minor in CE.
- These credits are in addition to the mandatory 168 credits of BTech Program in which the student is admitted. After successful completion of 168 + 20 credits.
MIT-WPU boasts of academic excellence in Engineering and offers B.Tech in several new-age programs.
- Polymer Engineering: The polymer industry is a multi-Billion-dollar industry and is growing each year. With ground-breaking research occurring within the field, Polymer Engineering is entering newer areas such as electronics, biodegradable plastics, medical equipment and utility. The polymer engineering course at MIT-WPU is coupled with technological advancements and students can select electives like Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, Internet of Things (IoT), Additive and Digital Marketing and Certificate in Rubber Technology by RSDC which gives students a much needed in-depth exposure.
- Civil Engineering: Civil Engineers are required to build the various giant infrastructure projects on whose back the world runs. From damming works to building skyscrapers to building roadways and ports; every structure that is man-made requires a Civil Engineer. The civil engineering course is coupled with technological advancements and students opting this course can also select electives like Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, Internet of Things (IoT), Smart Infrastructure, GIS and Remote sensing for an in-depth exposure.
- Mechanical Engineering & Robotics and Automation: MIT-WPU offers an undergraduate program in Mechanical Engineering and a specialized undergraduate program in Robotics and Automation. The students benefit from the state of art Robotics laboratory and the faculty chosen to reflect, both the academic pursuit of perfection as well as its practical pursuit.
- Computer Engineering & Technology: In the Digital and IT revolution the importance of Computer Engineering cannot be undermined. The global IT industry is valued at around $ 3.7 trillion. And despite the size of the industry, it is still clocking a growth rate in excess of 4%.
- Electronics & Communication Engineering: The School of Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) of MIT World Peace University was one of the pioneering department of the MIT, Pune and has earned numerous laurels in last four decades.
- Electrical Engineering: The School of Electrical Engineering at MIT-WPU is known for its excellent laboratory infrastructure, faculty, and academic ambianceThe program ensures exposure to students to the wide variety of advanced technologies and concepts such as PLC and SCADA, Robotics and Automation, Electrical Vehicles, Renewable Energy Systems, Smart Grids, Artificial Intelligence of Things (AIoT), and others.
- Chemical Engineering: With a legacy of four decades behind it, the MIT-WPU School of Chemical Engineering is one of the foremost centers of chemical engineering within the whole of India. Founded to meet the rising demand for Chemical Engineers in the country, it has produced a competent and talented workforce for over forty years. The institute also has close association with research institutes like NCL.
- Petroleum Engineering: The university boosts of a state-of-the-art, Subsea Engineering Laboratory. One of the prominent highlights for the petroleum department is Presence of CAIRN CAMPUS CONNECT, ONGC Chair Professors and MoU with SHELL and AKER. Almost all top multinational and national corporations in oil and gas domain visit MIT-WPU for placements as well as industry collaborations.
For a curious mind, MITWPU offers the widest platform for avid learning and holistic development of students through its Value Based Universal Education System that incorporates learning beyond Academics through Yoga, Meditation and Peace Studies. MIT-WPU Faculty of Engineering & Technology believes on practical application of theoretical knowledge and aims to achieve practical excellence through its teaching methodology and a curriculum designed in tune with the industry needs. With all this, MIT-WPU has one of the best placement records in India.
For details visit: mitwpu.edu.in